MISS UR-HUYE CAMPUS 2016
“After 3 years, Root of culture in conjunction with university of Rwanda huye campus brings you
back the cultural event of Miss UR –Huye campus competition 2016”.
Rewarding the best is a practice entrenched in Rwandan culture. “In ancient Rwanda, when the gallant men returned from war, they were received with pomp and rewarded for their efforts; this is the culture that we want to carry on by rewarding those who have excelled in our community. It is in this regard Roots of culture initiates Miss Huye campus 2016 for the last took place in 2012, Miss Huye campus will ensure that the winner adheres to the set rules and behaves in a manner acceptable of beauty queens, to make Huye campus a respected institution.
- To promote and restore traditional Rwandan culture and values among Rwandans.
- To sensitize the campus students about embracing the Rwandan values as their identity.
- To provide fertile ground for women empowerment.
- To build Girls confidence and capacities in a bid to showcase their abilities using their beauty and skills,
- To dignify the university Rwanda particularly Huye campus.
- To promote some skills and competences like : critical thinking, communication, confidence, and attitude
- To bring back beauty pageant in Huye –campus